SHOUT is Birmingham’s Annual Festival of Queer Art & Culture, it celebrates and platforms the work of LGBTQ+ artists and communities. COVID-19 has led to massive disruption in our lives, with the arts being severely affected by the crisis. SHOUT 2020, like many events and festivals, is moving its annual festival online and will use digital platforms to deliver our programme of live performance and film.
To support our move to digital, we are looking for a freelancer to join our festival team. You will coordinate the hosting of digital content across a variety of platforms in readiness for broadcast during the festival period. You need to be creative, technology savvy with a keen interest in digital broadcast trends. You will also use your technical expertise to provide troubleshooting support to the festival manager and volunteers during the festival period.
Fee: £125 per day – £1500 in total.
Schedule: 12 days in total, between early October and mid-November.
Work remotely: Yes
What does this role involve?
- Helping to set up and manage digital platforms to host festival content.
- Liaising with the festival manager to ensure that all assets are uploaded to the relevant platform/s.
- Collating digital assets from artists and distributors and ensuring publishing deadlines are met
- Ensuring the smooth running of the festival by providing technical troubleshooting during the festival period.
The successful candidate will have worked in a similar role or be able to evidence previous work. Experience of working in the arts is desirable but not essential.
Required experience and skills
- Sound knowledge of digital broadcast technologies
- Experience in online event management or digital marketing
- Proactive, flexible, confident and personable
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Attentive to detail, methodical and highly organised
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Passion for the arts
To apply simply send your CV to Rico Johnson-Sinclair, SHOUT Festival Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 5pm on 11th of September 2020. Short online interviews will take place on the 16th September 2020.