WE ARE RECRUITING!
SHOUT is Birmingham’s Annual Festival of Queer Art & Culture, it celebrates and platforms the work of LGBTQ+ artists and communities. COVID-19 has led to massive disruption in our lives, with the arts being severely affected by the crisis. In response to the pandemic, SHOUT is moving its annual festival online. We will use digital platforms to deliver our programme of live performance and film.
To support the successful delivery of our first fully online festival, we are looking for a freelance marketing and communications professional to join our team. You will take full ownership of the festivals digital marketing campaign and coordinate communications through a variety of channels to drive viewers to content and broadcasts during the festival period. The ideal candidate will be driven, creative and possess excellent communication skills; with a keen interest in digital marketing/social media trends. You will also coordinate marketing volunteers during the festival period.
What does this role involve?
- Implementation of a digital marketing campaign
- Writing copy for events
- Working with creatives to develop digital assets for use across our digital platforms and social media
- Managing social media activity before and during the festival (incl. scheduling posts)
- Organising and managing social media volunteers
- Sending out press releases and looking for PR opportunities
- Sending regular mailouts to our audience using Mailchimp
The successful candidate will have worked in a similar role or be able to evidence previous work. Experience of working in the arts is desirable but not essential.
Required experience and skills
- Demonstrable experience of using social media as part of an integrated marketing approach ideally gained in a performing arts organisation.
- Experience of working with small teams in high-pressure environments.
- Accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Excellent written communication skills: with the ability to inspire and enthuse others; and to vary the tone and use of language for different audiences and purposes.
- Good organisational skills with an ability to multi-task, lead specific areas and meet deadlines.
- Able to think creatively, research current trends in the arts and input your own ideas.
- Good working knowledge of video/sound recording equipment and editing software (inc. Final Cut Pro and Audacity) as well as basic DSLR digital photography skills.
- Experience using website content management systems, e.g. WordPress.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (including Word, Outlook and Excel).
- A confident and open approach to work with good interpersonal skills.
- Reliable, willing and enthusiastic; happy to help colleagues where needed.
- Passion for the arts
- Experience of supervising volunteers and/or casual staff
Fee: £100 per day – Total Fee £1000
Schedule: 10 days in total, between early October and mid-November.
Work remotely: Yes
To apply simply send your CV to Rico Johnson-Sinclair, SHOUT Festival Manager at email@example.com by the 5pm on 22nd of September 2020. Short online interviews will take place on the 25th September 2020.